Undas 2012





It's been a Filipino tradition that every first of November, we visit the tombs of our deceased loved ones and offer prayers, flowers and candles. We call this Undas or Araw ng mga Patay (Halloween in English). Basically, this is like a happy family reunion! :) In this day, tombs are cleaned or repainted, candles are lit, and flowers are offered. Some families even camp in cemeteries and spend a night or two near their relatives' tombs. Eating, drinking, singing, dancing, and telling old family stories are common activities in the cemetery.



Setting out the tables and tent!

Say hello to my youngest brother! haha.





Lunch Time!! omnomnom~



Munching on onigiri !! :"">

 Cutie Patootie James :3


My brother and my cousin! Sweet noh? Parang bagong kasal lang! hahahaha :P




Goofing around with my cousins~


My brothers hugging~

And everybody's hugging each other except for me because they made me take this photo! haha :/ :))

I love taking photos of trees and nature :) This one reminds me of twilight. haha!





Taking down the tent.


With my youngest brother and my dad.

Do your countries have Halloween traditions too? Link me, I would love to know! :))

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Wonderful tradition :) You all look great! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ang saya naman pow ng family bonding niyo pow and mukhang kumpleto pow kayo. The food is so yummy.

    anyways, tama ka pow dyan nov. 1 is not only a halloween it's also a family reunion. ang kulit at ang sasaya sa picture. good picture's shot anyway.

    x0x0:
    MOCHAPLUM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rosemarie! haha. thank youuuuu! :D I hope you enjoyed your Nov.1 as well. Have a nice week! :)

      Delete
  3. This is such a great tradition to pass with your family!
    Kristina recently posted.. What Are You?!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tradition :)
    i'm in love with your blog,followed you via gfc dear. hope you follow back :)

    http://pinktearydream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww. thank you so much for following me! welcome to my life :) hehe~

      Delete
  5. Very interesting! family reunions are always good!
    I follow you here!
    Kisses!

    http://tengadocumentacion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following dear! :)) Have a great day!

      Delete
  6. Great pictures ;) missed your blog, need to check up on everything i missed out on.

    x angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Angie! Yay! you're back! I missed you!! Can't wait to read your new posts! :)) Thanks for back-reading my posts as well dear! :">

      Delete
  7. what an interesting tradition :) a great way to remember loved ones and get together with family. it looks like you had a great time :)

    i hope you enjoy your weekend, dear.

    xox, amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amber dear! I really did had a great time! Thanks! Enjoy your weekend too! :3

      Delete
  8. I haven't been to my father's grave in years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww... then you should go and visit him now! :)

      Delete