2013 Book Haul



It’s unthinkable how addictive books are. I waste my free time in different worlds and adventures which an unexplainable sensation emerge in me each time. Only a few people are lucky enough to feel this and I’m glad to be one of those few. :)

I always find myself having a good time in being alone at bookshops and browse and rummage through its voluminous shelves as I gander for new adventures. So for this blog post, I want to share to all of you my book acquisitions for 2013. But I bet this is not all because I haven’t kept track of what I bought for the first few months and I’m pretty sure there’ll be new additions in the weeks to come. :D

So without further ado, here’s the list of my new books:



1.       A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff – Php 115.00 | Booksale

--- Honestly, this book is a bit expensive because I bought it from Booksale. But the thing is, the cover is super cute and after reading the summary, I fell in love right away that I just can’t let it go. So I bought it even if it’s expensive for a second hand book. Mehe~ By the way, 3 chapters left and I’ll finish reading this! I’ll do a review on this. :)


2.       Irish Lace by Andrew M. Greeley – Php 30.00 | Booksale
3.       At Weddings and Wakes by Alice McDERMOTT – Php 30.00 | Booksale





4.       FLORENCE (Spiral Guide) –Php 40.00 | Booksale
--- I’m in love with Italy and its arts and culture! In fact, it’s included in my bucket list of countries to visit. I want to familiarize and learn as much as I can about it before actually visiting the place. :))


5.       Colour Scheming by Carolyn Warrender –Php 115.00 | Booksale
6.       The Country Home – Php 90.00 | Chapters & Pages Corp. (Trinoma)


7.       Lady Cottington’s Pressed Fairy Book – Php 510.00 including shipping fee |
--- You know how much I love fairies so when I saw this online, I bought it immediately. I used my blogging money in buying this so thank you everyone who’s reading my blog. Hehe. I’ll do a review on this as well. :D




8.       A place of Secrets by Rachel Hore –Php 50.00 | Booksale




9.       The True Memoirs of Little K by Adrienne Sharp –Php 115.00 | Booksale
--- It’s expensive for a second handbook but I just can’t resist!!! It’s about a ballerina and her life and the Russian Court and the Russian Theater! Like, seriously, who will not buy it?!!! Haha. Oh my gosh, I’m so lucky to find this book. I shall do a review on this as well.


10.       Sabrina The Teenage Witch: Switcheroo – Php 10.00 | Booksale
11.       Sabrina The Teenage Witch: I’ll Zap Manhattan – Php17.00 | Booksale
 --- Childhood Memories! I’m collecting this actually. :D


12.       Nothing Hurts but my heart by Linda Barr –Php 10.00 | Booksale
---Gymnastics is very close to my heart aside from ballet. I’m a frustrated gymnast so I just have to have this book! :D


13.       Lizzie Mcguire: Totally Crushed – Php 25.00 | Booksale
---Childhood Memories! Hihi.


13. Sweet Valley High by Francing Pascal - Php 17.00 | Booksale


14. Spring For Susannah - Php 50.00 | Booksale



You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. nice! your collection has some great books. I like the facts you dont go for those over rated books that everyone talks about. these are some cool tips that I should add to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww. thank you! I do read the over rated books but I like more those which are not known by everyone. It feels like the adventure is mine only. hehe :)

      Delete
  2. Don't you just love Booksale? A treasure trove for all bibliophiles! Thanks for sharing your book finds, I might consider some & find a copy of it for to read, too. Thanks again!:*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I'm a booksale addict. haha. I want to buy every book in there! mehe. you're very welcome! Enjoy reading! Have an awesome day! :D

      Delete
  3. This are sure interesting book. This is what i need doing at my free period. These days i don't ready have time reading no more because of my tight schedule, I need doing this from now. Thanks ffor sharing these amazing books.
    Kisses..

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like great books :)
    I'm following you no and I hope you followed me back :)
    Kiss :*

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blond-Yasmine/127291280788526
    http://blond-yasmin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your sweet words on my last post, they brightened my day!
    So, so true - books just bring you into another world for a bit!

    Hope you have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  6. A vintage affair seems like a nice book. Well I agree with you that the book has a nice cover. I 'm a bit intrested in it now. .. hehe I'll wait for yuor review =)

    and omg, that is lizzie mcguire!! I used to watch her show all the time when I was a child!!
    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh lala! Will definitely be adding to my book list. I'm currently reading "The Defining Decade" (you can search it on my blog). Great blog, great pics!

    XO | KIMBERLYLUXE

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have sweet valley high too :))
    <3
    www.loveandelegance.info

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul of books! Haha, the Lizzie McGuire one made me laugh. Childhood indeed!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love to read, so this post has captivated me, really!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello :) Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog and also thank you so so much for putting my button on your blog :) I am currently working on a page where I can put all the links to my "blog loves" so your button will surely be on that too :)
    I love the books you picked, "The True Memoirs of Little K" is high on my Amazon wishlist :)

    xx
    Valeria

    ReplyDelete
  12. i follow you now on bloglovin and hope you will follow back. let me know, if you want to follow on facebook, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fairy book looks so nice! Where'd you get that?! :O

    ReplyDelete